Friday 23 March 2012

Watching the Sun Rise

Watching the sun rise has always been on my bucket list, since I saw it set so many times. It was like it wasn't fair, I had gotten to see the sun set too many time to count. I saw the peach, pink and purple which was caused by the miraculous ball of fire sneaking away behind the mountains, but never had I seen it rise.

The opportunity has shown itself a few times, that I can remember, and each time I was too idiotic to see it. One time, I was having a sleep over with my friend - same friend from Rocks -  and we were on my trampoline. We had a tendency for staying up until the crack of dawn, and that night was no different. Our one mistake was being completely oblivious to the sun rising, and we just lay there unaware of the beauty that was happening on the other side of my house.

A second time, I stayed up just to see the sun rise. I was so excited, and all I did was read FML until about 5:30 am. Then I went and made a bed out of chairs on my deck, wrapped myself up in a blanket and waited. I waited until 6:45, which was when the sun was supposed to appear. It didn't.

I saw that the sky was getting lighter, but there was no amazing colours illuminating in front of my eyes. Disappointed, I decided to just go back inside, wait for my parents to wake up so I could go in their bed. When I told me mom about my experience, she laughed and told me that the sun rose from the other side of our house, and I had gotten them mixed up.

I don't even know what colours it would be if it rose. Would they be the same as when it's setting, or would it be a beautiful blue and shimmering gold? Well, this morning I will know, for I will watch the sun rise with my own two eyes. Because of certain events, that you can read here at my third blog, Simply Sio, I am now awake and prepared to watch.

I am also prepared to get very sick from lack of sleep, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment